Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Rough day

As I look around our community I see so many lives being destroyed by drugs.  It breaks my heart to see people that I went to school with who have lost everything because of the wrong choices.  Don't get me wrong we all make bad choices sometimes, but there comes a time when you need to step back and take a look at the situation.  Do something about it!
  While talking to friends we found out that Kentucky is one of the worst states for drugs and wow that really hits home.  It makes me ponder on so many things.  The town we live in is a very small town but big enough for 2 high schools, 2 middle schools and 3 elementary schools.  So not too small but smaller than a lot. 
So I think to myself, should I try to encourage my husband to move, or persuade him to let us home school, anything to protect my children.  He is completely against home schooling because of social issues and he thinks we would be sheltering them too much.  Would I be sheltering them or simply protecting them? 
My children are small so we aren't experiencing the middle school, high school stuff yet, but this day and age they are starting a lot younger.  I hope and pray that what I teach them at home will stick with them, and when I am harsh, or firm in what I say that they know it is because I love them and I am only trying to protect them.
So I will continue to try and find rest in knowing that they are surrounded by God's grace and love.

1 comment:

  1. hey amanda~thanks for visitin' my blog! wow, on the ky drug thing. i never knew. i recently became familiar with ky thru 'the southern belles louisville'...i love the south! anyway, i was thinking i would love to move to KY....however this is an eye opener. i will be your latest follower (when i get home...for whatever reason my work computer will not allow me to 'follow'...) have a happy day! blessings, terri

    ReplyDelete