Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Prayers to pray over your Children



Good Morning, I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  I have had this on my heart for a while to share a daily Prayer for our Children.  I was at the local Christian book store this past weekend and stumbled upon the perfect book.  It is 60 Promises to Pray over your Children by Roy Lessin.  As I have gone through it the prayers are amazing and I just couldn't keep them to myself.  I hope you enjoy these and can use them in your daily life with your children. God Bless

Day 1
Lord, by Your grace, Your power, and Your love, you have lifted the clouds of doom from our household. Thank you for the promise that my children do not face a hopeless, worthless, or meaningless future.  You have assured me that my children have not been brought into this world for destruction, but for redemption; not for panic , but for peace; not for emptiness, but completeness; not for frustration, but for glorification of Your name.  Thank you for the promise that my children are "blessed by the Lord."
Because we belong to You, You have saved us from emptiness-from a life of empty words, empty promises, empty desires, empty thoughts, empty goals, empty work, and empty choices.  Thank You for freeing us, as a family, from empty relationships with each other.
Thank You, Father, for the blessings You have extended to my family.  My children will never face a moment in life when it is not true that they are blessed of the Lord.  I pray that regardless of their circumstances, You will help them to always recognise and understand how blessed they are.  And for all the blessings, I thank You.

I hope everyone enjoys this and will find them helpful in the everyday raising of your own children.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great comforting read. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by All Things Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete