Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nurture our Daughters! (Children)



Recently I started attending a Life Group through our church on Wednesday Nights. we are reading and studying Nurture By Lisa Bevere. This book is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who is a mother, sister or grandmother. It has helped me to realize that I was lacking or not even lacking but maybe not giving enough nurture to the ones around me.

Lisa Talks about how women are so hateful and rude and not willing to help other women these days. If you think about it; it's true and very sad. A lot of people dont realize that even just a smile could brighten someones day. You never know what they are going through or what they have been through, so that smile could just bring them back up to where they need to be.

In reading and studying this book, I feel that I have been able to make a better connection with my daughter, mother and sisters. I remember when I was little my mom was a stay at home mom, she always had a hot breakfast on the table when we got up and a snack when we got home. Times have changed and now most people dont even have time to sit down and have dinner. Is it really that they dont have time or is it that they are so worried about what needs to be done to worry about what "Really needs to be done"?

Our young daughters are suffering because of the lack of nurture that they are given.

~~Something to think about~~
Far too many women are disconnected and isolated. Othes want desperately to connevt but just dont know how to see this happen, It may be awkward at first, but it must start somewhere. The mothers need to watch for daughters and the daughters for mother, and when they recognize eachother they need to take the time to make a God-breathed connection-at whatever level or opportunity it presents itself..-Lisa Bevere

2 comments:

  1. Hi Howdy Hey - I found you on Marketing Monday! Great blog - I am now following - hope you can return the favor - http://busymomswholovetoread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my daughter she lives away from me right now me in Calif. and her in Utah we try and talk to each other each day. In fact stop over to my Blog I am sharing one of her creations along with mine. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete